Dresser and Nightstand Makeover: Heirloom White

Today I wanted to show you a little makeover I did for my girls’ room in one of my favorite spray paint colors, Heirloom White by Rustoleum. It’s a perfect creamy white that looks good on just about everything.
When we first moved into our house last fall, we didn’t have any furniture for their room so I shopped Craigslist and found a dresser and nightstand. They were pretty U-G-L-Y, so we brought them home and gave them a little facelift.

dresser1

This is the only “before” picture I took of the nightstand. I had my cute little helper assisting me with the hardware.

girls room2
And the finished product!
dresser2

Ugly dresser before …

girlsroom
…and AFTER! It’s amazing the difference a few spray paint cans and new knobs can make.
There are so many other things I wish I could do to this room. Painting the paneling and walls would be number one on my list, but we are renting and the room was just “remodeled” before we moved in – it’s off limits. But I love this color and have a pile out in my garage waiting to be “Heirloomed”! Have you painted anything with Heirloom White?
Also, don’t forget it’s National Painting Week! Come back to visit tomorrow – we are having a party at Favorite Paint Colors with an awesome giveaway. Have a great day!

16 Responses to Dresser and Nightstand Makeover: Heirloom White

1. melissa * 320 Sycamore April 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

1000 times better! They look so good. But I love the little girl in the braids the most.

2. Richella April 17, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

I couldn’t agree more about Heirloom White! The only time I don’t have a can of it in my spray paint stash is if I’ve run out and am on my way to the store to buy more!

Your dresser and nightstand look terrific–isn’t it great how the spray paint transformed those pieces? Way to go!

• Kristin@FavoritePaintColors April 17, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

I am the same way! I don’t know how many trips I have made to our local hardware store to get more. Luckily it’s only a mile from our house.

It’s so good to see your smiling face in my comments. Thanks for the encouragement!

3. Patsy April 17, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

I love the Heirloom White. When I had some pieces I wanted to paint with a brush, I just took a sample to BM and they color matched the HW for me. It was a perfect match.

4. Patsy April 17, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

5. Patsy April 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Sorry for that double post, the computer went a little nutty and told me my post didn’t go through and here it posted it twice. LOL

6. Kristin@FavoritePaintColors April 17, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

What did BM match it to? Such a great idea!

7. Janet April 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

Your dresser and nightstand look so good! Isn’t it the best feeling to finish a job, step back, and see what an improvement you’ve made? I was first introduced to Heirloom White through Melissa’s blog about a year and a half ago and have used it ever since. In fact, I just spray painted a tray with it just yesterday. Love it! :)

• Kristin@FavoritePaintColors April 18, 2012 at 4:01 am #

It is a great feeling, Janet! I love the new look paint can give, sometimes it drives me crazy because I look at everything now with the potential to be painted and I love white, so my go to choice is Heirloom White. I think it makes everything look better. :)

8. The Maines Family Blog April 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

These look great!!!

9. Kelsey & David Barber April 19, 2012 at 11:52 am #

They are so cute!! Good job!

10. Kelsey & David Barber April 19, 2012 at 11:52 am #

They are so cute!! Good job!

11. MLC May 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

Hi – do you ever have any problems with the spray paint streaking? How many “coats” of the spray paint do you use? I’ve repainted furniture before, but usually with a brush. Thanks for any tips!

12. Kristin Williams April 8, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

I see a board and batten house painted pale green in the background. I’m looking for a good color for my house (board and batten) and would love to see more photos & to know if you know what color it is. fsouter@wmu.org thanks

13. Kristin Williams April 9, 2013 at 2:29 am #

The board and batten is natural wood and isn’t painted. We are renting and are not allowed to paint the board and batten unfortunately. If you want to see some great greens, see here.