My Sister’s House (before and after)

A couple of weeks ago my girls and I took a little road trip to Michigan to visit my sister, Kelsey. She and her husband just moved there for medical residency and have loved it. I have never been there before and when our stay was over I told my husband that we needed to start looking for jobs there.
We had a great time!
While I was there I took some pictures of her cute house so today I wanted to feature them along with the paint colors she chose. If you have any questions feel free to comment below!

Bathroom Before:

bathroom before and after - Favorite Paint Colors

Bathroom After:

before and after bathroom

Paint Color: Pickling Spice by Pittsburgh Paint

The lighting above wasn’t the greatest, but the second picture shows the true color lots better.

pickling spice by pittsburgh paint - Favorite Paint Colors

livingroom2

Living Room After:

Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore - Favorite Paint Colors

Paint Color: Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore

Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore - Favorite Paint Colors

DSC_0558

We love you Aunt Kelsey! Have a great weekend everyone!

11 Responses to My Sister’s House (before and after)

1. Jenny October 26, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Thanks for sharing! Really love the transformed kitchen and living room! The colors are great, (as are the drapes and rug!). And what a sweet picture at the bottom!

2. melissa * 320 Sycamore October 27, 2012 at 2:45 am #

It looks SO good!! Love those striped curtains and that sweet picture with Mckenna! Awesome pics, Krishin. Love you both.

3. Kelsey & David Barber October 27, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Thanks for featuring me! All those paint colors came from your blog so without you I wouldn’t have known what to do! love you.

4. Kelsey & David Barber October 27, 2012 at 11:27 am #

5. livingsimplyfree October 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

Those rooms are amazing. I noticed the other changes in the rooms, but it wouldn’t have worked with the original colors. It looks so much more open now. I especially love that kitchen!

6. Doris October 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

I love “before” and “afters” it really highlights how rooms can change and puts your personal sytle to work!

7. Kristine October 28, 2012 at 12:18 am #

I LOVE what you did with the place! It looks FABULOUS! Especially love the kitchen cabinets redo. Now I can picture where you are and I love that! Thanks for sharing! Loves!

8. Anonymous October 28, 2012 at 3:29 am #

Great job! could you post the process for painting the cabinets? We have the same befores!

9. ~Carrie October 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

As a lifelong Michiganian, I LOVE this!! I can’t tell where your sister lives but the entire state is beautiful and wonderful so please move here! :) I am interested in a how-to on the kitchen cabinets, too. I definitely plan to do the same in mine, but I’m a novice (and nervous) painter.

• Kristin Williams October 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Carrie, she lives in Grand Rapids! Where do you live? Absolutely loved visiting there. I just posted the tutorial she used for her kitchen cabinets above. You can do it, I think it just takes some patience. :) Hope you have a great day!