If you’re hopping over from No Biggie, welcome to Favorite Paint Colors! I am so excited to be a part of Favorite Things 2015 and have had so much fun seeing what everyone has shared so far.
I have always loved this round-up to find out the latest and greatest, get new ideas for Christmas, and to see what works for other bloggers and moms. So I am excited to share a few of MY favorite things with you, and I hope that you can find something that you might love too!
These are in no particular order, and contain some Amazon affiliate links.
1. Christmas music! I can’t tell you how excited I am for Christmas this year. I have two favorite Christmas CDs that I couldn’t wait to start listening to:
*The Piano Guys – This album is amazing, I could listen to Silent Night and O Come, O Come, Emmanuel over and over. They are beautiful arrangements and the cello and piano are two of my favorite instruments.
Percy Faith – Music of Christmas. This has been a favorite in our family since my Mom was a little girl. It’s all instrumental and everything that Christmas is about is depicted in this music. I will listen to this every Christmas until the day I die… and probably after. 🙂
2. Bath and Body Works candles, because you can’t have pretty music playing without lighting a candle, right? I found this scent a couple of weeks ago and have fallen in love. My favorite scent used to be “Leaves”, which I still love, but “Welcome” is even better and smells just like the holidays to me. I have it in the wallflower, too, and every time I walk into my laundry room and kitchen where it’s at, I seriously take a deep breath and say to myself out loud how good it smells. If you want to try this out, make sure you get the Welcome Autumn Spiced Wreath and not the Welcome Mahogany Balsam. They are two completely different scents.
3. Next up on my list is my clarisonic.
I have had mine for about 3 years now and have not only loved how clean my face feels after using it, but I love the improvement I have seen in my skin. I take it everywhere I go, my clarisonic is something I would have a hard time living without. I use it every morning and night, and the few times that I haven’t, my face just doesn’t feel clean. It’s definitely one of my top favorite things.
4. While we are talking about skin, my favorite skin care line is M2. It’s available in a cleanser (that I use with my clarisonic), a refinisher, and moisturizer, and it’s by far the best cleansing system I have used. Adult acne has always been an issue for me and I have tried a lot of different skin care products to try and clear it up. When I was pregnant with my third it got especially bad, which was super frustrating because I was already using a prescription acne medication that was really expensive and I didn’t think I had any other options but to just deal with it. My sister-in-law, who owns her own medical spa, introduced this line to me and I was hooked. My acne slowly started to clear up, and after using it for 2 years my breakouts are very minimal, and I stopped using my prescription medication, which has saved a lot of money. It has been a lifesaver for my skin!
M2 Exfoliating Cleanser – lasts me 6 months and I use it morning and night.
M2 Skin Refinish – also lasts me 6 months+ and I only use this at night.
M2 Moisturizer – my only complaint I have about this is I run out of it too quick. I have to order it about every 2 months.
5. Another favorite skin care item is E.L.F. primer.
I started using foundation primer a couple of years ago and will never go back. Why? I use way less foundation with primer, it fills in my lines and pores and my foundation goes on much smoother. I first started using Smashbox primer, which I loved, but didn’t love the $40 price tag so I decided on a whim to try E.L.F’s version. To be completely honest, I couldn’t tell a difference. So for $6-$10 a bottle, this is my go-to foundation primer.
6. My favorite thing to wear? Open cardigans.
Love these in the winter because they layer well, are long enough to put on some leggins, and they are sooo comfy.
7. With my open cardigans I love my Hunter boots. My sister found an awesome deal last year so I bought some and have yet to regret it. They are great in mud, rain, and snow and can be worn anywhere from the farm to the mall. When it’s really cold you can buy boot inserts that keep your toes nice and toasty. I have the Ruby color in gloss.
I am really hoping that all of you have seen this, if you haven’t, you NEED to! This is seriously the best, most uplifting movie. It has a beautiful message, the music is gorgeous, the casting couldn’t have been more perfect, and it’s CLEAN. I could go on and on, but this is my absolute favorite movie of 2015, hands down.
This is the only chap stick I will buy. LOVE IT!!
9. My favorite paint color I am crushing on right now -Gauntlet Gray by Sherwin-Williams. I posted an interior picture of it yesterday.
10. Last but not least?
Need I say more? Chocolate, coconut and almonds are probably my 3 favorite things to eat… these are so bad. I could easily eat a whole 2 lb. bag within a few days. Next time you are at Costco look for them, or you can order them on Amazon. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Make sure you visit my sister, Melissa for more favorite things, she’s the best! And tomorrow she is doing a link up party if you want to share some of your favorites. Next up on the tour is Miss Mustard Seed. Enjoy!